On this page you will find data useful to the study of international environmental policy and trade. Please click your topic of interest to find out more.
Bernauer, T; Böhmelt, T. (2013) Are Economically “Kinder, Gentler Societies” Also Greener? Environmental Science & Technology DOI: 10.1021/es403362m.
Böhmelt, T. (2013) A closer look at the information provision rationale: Civil society participation in states’ delegations at the UNFCCC. Review of International Organizations 8 (1): 55-80.
- Composition of government delegations at UNFCCC CoPs in 1995-2011. Link to the codebook
- Final_Data.dta (DTA, 83 KB)
Böhmelt, T., Koubi, V., Bernauer, T. (2013) Social Networks, Legitimacy, and the Selection of Civil Society Partners in Global Climate Negotiations. European Journal of Political Research, DOI: 10.1111/1475-6765.12016.
- Survey data (XLSX, 42 KB) on civil society organizations present at UNFCCC CoP in Durban
- Questionnaire (DOC, 99 KB)
Bernauer, T., Böhmelt, T., Koubi, V. (2013): The Democracy – Civil Society Paradox in Global Environmental Governance. Global Environmental Politics, 13/1:88-107.
- National ENGOs registered in a country (DTA, 54 KB) (Based on information from the IUCN archives, Gland, Switzerland)
Bernauer, T., Gampfer, R. (2013) Effects of Civil Society Involvement on Popular Legitimacy of Global Environmental Governance. Global Environmental Change, 23/2: 439–449.
Spilker, G., Schaffer, L., Bernauer, T. (2012) Does Social Capital Increase Public Support for Economic Globalization? European Journal of Political Research, DOI: 10.1111/j.1475-6765.2012.02058.x
- Replication_EP.dta (DTA, 43 KB)
- ReplicationEP.do (DO, 2 KB)
- Replication_EP2.dta (DTA, 23 KB)
- Article (PDF, 159 KB)
- IO Support Material (PDF, 634 KB)
- Basic models do-file (DO, 2 KB)
- data.dta (DTA, 27 KB)
- data.csv (CSV, 20 KB)
- Data from German Respondents (DTA, 2 MB)
- Data from US Respondents (DTA, 3.5 MB)
- File for Results Graph (DTA, 4 KB)
- Zip file with MTurk Pilot data (ZIP, 11.3 MB)
- Zip file with US data (ZIP, 5.1 MB)
- Zip file with Germany data (ZIP, 4.3 MB)
Pilster, U., Tobias Böhmelt. (2012) Do Democracies Engage Less in Coup-Proofing? On the Relationship between Regime Type and Civil-Military Relations. Foreign Policy Analysis 8:10.1111/fpa.2012.8.issue-4355-372.
Pilster, U., Tobias Böhmelt. (2011) Coup-Proofing and Military Effectiveness in Interstate Wars, 1967–99. Conflict Management and Peace Science 28/4:331-350. http://cmp.sagepub.com/content/28/4/331.abstract
Böhmelt T. 2011. Disaggregating Mediations: The Impact of Multiparty Mediation. British Journal of Political Science 41 (4).
Michael M. Bechtel and Gerald Schneider. 2010. Eliciting Substance from ‘Hot Air’: Financial Market Responses to EU Summit Decisions on European Defense. International Organization 64/2:199-223.
- Article (PDF, 748 KB)
- Poster (PDF, 84 KB)
- Web Appendix (PDF, 66 KB)
- Replication Archive (ZIP, 591 KB)
Tobias Boehmelt. 2010. The Effectiveness of Tracks of Diplomacy Strategies in Third-Party Interventions. Journal of Peace Research 47/2:167-178.
- Replication file (ZIP, 21 KB)
Thomas Bernauer, Vally Koubi and Fabio Ernst. 2009. Does Neutrality Make a Difference? Explaining Patterns of Swiss Defense Spending in 1975-2001. Defence and Peace Economics 20/5:413-422.
- Codebook (PDF, 83 KB)
- Final Data Country Year 2 (DTA, 160 KB)
- Final Models (DO, 20 KB)
- Out of Sample (DTA, 2 KB)
- Appendix (24 KB)
- Final Data (2.7 MB)
- Out-Sample Prediction I (DTA, 651 KB)
- Out-Sample Single Predictors (DTA, 31 KB)
- Final Instructions File (DO, 27 KB)
Supporting material and data: International River Basin Conflict and Cooperation
- Dataset Paper (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Dataset (DTA, 15.6 MB)
- Dataset (CSV, 3.5 MB)
- JPR article by Anna Kalbhenn (PDF, 288 KB)
- Paper on basins at risk by Thomas Bernauer and Tobias Boehmelt (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- supplementary material available via WRR website
- Water Quality Monitoring in Europe (video below)
Thomas Bernauer and Vally Koubi. 2009. Effects of Political Institutions on Air Quality. Ecological Economics 68/5:1355-1365.
Sophie Perrin and Thomas Bernauer. International Regime Formation Revisited: Explaining Ratification Behavior With Respect to Long Range Transboundary Air Pollution Agreements. European Union Politics 11(3): 405–426.
Bernauer, T., Koubi, V. (2012): Are Bigger Governments Better Providers of Public Goods? Evidence from Air Pollution. Public Choice, DOI 10.1007/s11127-012-9916-1